In addition to general director professor Bernard Uitdehaag, professor Elga de Vries will join the newly established executive board as scientific director. Besides the two directors senior researchers from seven different departments where MS research is performed will form the general board of the MS Center Amsterdam.
Professor Bernard Uitdehaag, neurologist and chair of the department of Neurology at Amsterdam UMC, has been director of MS Center Amsterdam since 2013. From April 1, he will be joined for the daily management by professor Elga de Vries. She has been at Amsterdam UMC since 2000 as a neuro-immunological researcher in the department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology. Her research group Neuro-immunology focuses on unraveling disease mechanisms of MS at a cellular level in order to find new targets for treatments.
The general board consists of eight senior researchers from seven departments within Amsterdam UMC. Their task is to jointly provide the vision and mission of the MS Center Amsterdam and a draw a strategy to achieve set goals.
Members general board
· prof. dr. Jeroen Geurts, Anatomy and Neuroscience
· prof. dr. Vincent de Groot, Rehabilitation medicine
· prof. dr. Joep Killestein, Neurology
· prof. dr. Charlotte Teunissen, Clinical chemistry
· prof. dr. Bernard Uitdehaag, Neurology
· prof. dr. Paul van der Valk, Pathology
· dr. ir. Hugo Vrenken, Radiology and nuclear medicine
· prof. dr. Elga de Vries, Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology
MS Center Amsterdam Office
The managing and general board will be supported by the MS Center Amsterdam Office.
· dr. Annette van der Goes
· Karin Husken